What To Expect When Attending A Game
Chartway Arena looks forward to hosting fans for the 2020-2021 ODU Men's and Women's Basketball seasons. In order to make attending our home basketball events as safe as possible, there will be a number of changes to the event experience. These policies and procedures are based on input provided by national, state, local, and Conference USA sources, among others, regarding best practices for the COVID-19 pandemic. The information below is provided to give fans an understanding of what to expect as they attend games this season.
What should I be aware of regarding the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Guests who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 cannot enter Chartway Arena. Click HERE for more information.
- Face Coverings
- All spectators over the age of two will be required to wear a face covering while inside Chartway Arena.
- Face coverings must fit snugly to the face and cover the nose and mouth. Single‐ply neck gaiters, open‐chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable.
- Face coverings do not need to be worn while “actively” eating or drinking in a seat.
- Face coverings are not a substitute for physical distancing, and fans will be asked to keep a safe distance between their party and other fans while inside and outside of the arena.
- Physical Distancing and Hand Hygiene
- Guests are asked to practice physical distancing by maintaining 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and other people who are not in their party.
- Fans are encouraged to wash their hands frequently in a restroom sink or utilize one of several sanitizer stations provided throughout the arena.
- Venue Staff
- Venue staff and vendors will be subject to a health screening prior to starting their shift.
- Venue staff and vendors will wear face coverings at all times.
- Chartway Arena is committed to active and increased cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces before, during, and after each event. The venue also undergoes a thorough cleaning process between events, including the use of an electrostatic sprayer for sanitizer application.
I've been to games at Chartway Arena before. How will the experience be different this year?
- Guests can enter the venue through the Connie and Marc Jacobson VIP Entrance adjacent to 45th Street. Player Guest and Coach Will Call will be located in the Main Lobby adjacent to Hampton Blvd.
- ADA entrance is located at the Connie and Marc Jacobson VIP Entrance on 45th Street.
- Suite and club level ticket holders can enter using the Connie & Marc Jacobson VIP Entrance located on 45th Street.
- Guests are asked to maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet between parties while waiting in line to enter the arena.
- All doors open 1 hour prior to game time.
- Elevators will be restricted to one party or 4 individuals
- Elevators are located at the Connie and Marc Jacobson VIP Entrance and have stops at the North end of the 100's and 200's seating levels.
- Guests are encouraged to maintain physical distance while inside of the restrooms. Restrooms will multiple entrances and exits will have specifically-marked entrances and exits to allow for one‐way traffic.
- Hospitality Areas
- Due to the guidelines on physical distancing, The Constant Club, Big Blue Room, and Courtside Seat lounge will not be open to fans and ODAF donors.
- In order to maintain physical distance in the seating areas, the seating capacity at Chartway Arena has been reduced pursuant to local guidelines.
- Stickers will be used to indicate seats that have been assigned. Guests are required to use their assigned seats and avoid using seats that are not marked.
Will there be any food and beverages available?
- New! Fans will be able to enjoy all our food and beverage options without having to leave their seat. A QR Code will be located at each seat that allows guests to order off our full menu and have those items delivered to their seats.
- All food and beverages will be served in closed top boxes or individual packages. Condiments will be prepackaged, and cutlery will be distributed with limited contact.
- Cashless transactions are encouraged for all concession purchases.
Where can I find the latest Monarch gear and gift items?
ODU merchandise will not be available for sale inside Chartway Arena on game days. However, the University Village Bookstore, located adjacent to the arena at the corner of 45th Street and Monarch Way, will be open through tip‐off of each game. Fans should plan to visit the Bookstore prior to the game or shop online at ShopODUSports.com.
Where can I park?
Event parking will be available in the Constant Center 45th Street Parking Garage. The garages is open to all ticket holders and does not require a parking pass.
- To comply with COVID-19 physical distancing guidelines, reserved parking passes will not be available for this season.
- ADA parking is available in both garages in designated spaces.
How do I get tickets to games this season?
- Tickets for all home basketball games will be available online through YnotTix.com and at the Chartway Arena Box Office.
- Mobile ticket delivery will be the default method of delivery for all online sales. Mobile tickets can easily be added to an Apple Wallet or Google Pay app and transferred if desired.
- Box Office purchasers are encouraged to use credit cards for all transactions for sanitary purposes.
- Guests in line at the box office are encouraged to maintain physical distance between themselves and other parties at all times.
- Whenever possible, only one person from each party should be in line to purchase tickets.
How do I pick up tickets that are being left for me?
- Will Call
- Player Guest and Visiting Team Will Call pickup will take place at the windows on Hampton Blvd at a designated window.
- Player Guest and Coach Will Call will be located in the Main Lobby adjacent to Hampton Blvd.
- Guests in line to pick up tickets are encouraged to maintain physical distance between themselves and other parties at all times.
- Whenever possible, only the person whose name is on the tickets should be in line at Will Call.
I would like to share some or all my tickets with someone else. How can I do that?
- Ticket Transfer
- Customers who have purchased tickets using their YnotTix online account or at the Chartway Arena Box Office will be able to transfer tickets to others directly through their account at no cost.
- Specific games or seats can be selected for transfer and sent via a text message invitation link.
- Transferred tickets can be sent as a mobile ticket or as a PDF that will need to be printed prior to arriving at the venue.
Am I allowed to resell tickets that I am unable to use?
Yes, StubHub is the official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace for Chartway Arena. To resell your tickets through StubHub, please log onto your YnotTix.com account to list your tickets.