Attending An Event at S.B. Ballard Stadium
What To Expect When Attending An Event
S.B. Ballard Stadium looks forward to hosting guests for a variety of upcoming events. In order to make attending events as safe as possible, there will be a number of changes to the event experience. These policies and procedures are based on input provided by national, state, and local sources, among others, regarding best practices for the COVID-19 pandemic. The information below is provided to give guests an understanding of what to expect as they attend upcoming events.
What should I be aware of regarding the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Guests who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 cannot enter S.B. Ballard Stadium. Click HERE for more information.
- Face Coverings
- All spectators over the age of two will be required to wear a face covering while inside S.B. Ballard Stadium.
- Face coverings must fit snugly to the face and cover the nose and mouth. Single‐ply neck gaiters, open‐chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable.
- Face coverings do not need to be worn while “actively” eating or drinking in a seat.
- Face coverings are not a substitute for physical distancing, and fans will be asked to keep a safe distance between their party and other fans while inside and outside of the stadium.
- Physical Distancing and Hand Hygiene
- Guests are asked to practice physical distancing by maintaining physical distance between themselves and other people who are not in their party.
- Fans are encouraged to wash their hands frequently in a restroom sink or utilize one of several sanitizer stations provided throughout the arena.
- Venue Staff
- Venue staff and vendors will be subject to a health screening prior to starting their shift.
- Venue staff and vendors will wear face coverings at all times.
- S.B. Ballard Stadium is committed to active and increased cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces before, during, and after each event. The venue also undergoes a thorough cleaning process between events, including the use of an electrostatic sprayer for sanitizer application.
I've been to events at S.B. Ballard Stadium before. How will the experience be different this year?
- Guests can enter the stadium through either the South, Southeast, or West gates.
- All gates are ADA accessible. Please see the information below labeled "Elevators" for additional details regarding elevator locations.
- Guests are asked to maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet between parties while waiting in line to enter the arena.
- All gates open 1 hour prior to event time unless otherwise specified for your event.
- Elevators will be restricted to one party or 4 individuals
- Elevators are located at the West stands (for sections W109-W119 and W209-W219), East stands (for sections E101-E108 and E201-E208), and the parking garage located next to the Atlantic Bay Mortgage Complex (for sections CLB01-CLB11, suites 300-313, and suites 401-413).
- Guests are encouraged to maintain physical distance while inside of the restrooms. Restrooms will multiple entrances and exits will have specifically-marked entrances and exits to allow for one‐way traffic.
- In order to maintain physical distance in the seating areas, the seating capacity at S.B. Ballard Stadium has been reduced pursuant to local guidelines.
- Guests are required to use the seats assigned on their tickets in order to maintain appropriate distancing
Will there be any food and beverages available?
- Concession stands will be open in the East Stands, West Stands, and PNC Club level.
- All food and beverages will be served in closed top boxes or individual packages. Condiments will be prepackaged, and cutlery will be distributed with limited contact.
- Cashless transactions are encouraged for all concession purchases.
Where can I park?
- Event parking will be available in the 49th Street Stadium Parking Garage, with the first floor reserved for ADA parking. Additional parking will be available in Lot L-1 which is located off Hampton Blvd. between Miller's Neighborhood Mart and WHRO.
- Overflow parking garages will be located at the Constant Center 45th Street and Constant Center 43rd Street Parking Garages.
- ADA parking is available in all garages and lots in designated spaces.
What can I bring into the stadium?
ODU has implemented a Clear Bag Policy at Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. For details as to the type of bags that are allowed to enter the stadium, please CLICK HERE.
The following is a list of items are also prohibited at S.B. Ballard Stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Glass bottles or aluminum cans
- Ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
- Cameras or recording devices (allowed only at specific events)
- Sticks or clubs
- Fireworks, firearms, or other weapons
- Bullhorns or noisemakers
- Confetti or balloons
- Animals (except certified service dogs for the disabled)
- Beach balls and other inflatables
- Outside food or beverages
- Skateboards or rollerblades
- Water bottles or mugs
- Other items deemed unacceptable by the event promoter or venue management
I attended an event at S.B. Ballard Stadium and may have had COVID-19. Who should I tell?
To self-report COVID-19 exposure, please visit odu.edu/covid19.